This tutorial was written by me on September 8th, 2016 and is my own creation. Any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional.
PSP Version used: PSP X5
This tutorial assumes you have a good working knowledge of PSP.
Tube is by Laguna. You can purchase her tubes here.
FTU kit from Tiny Turtle Designs called Shiela. You can grab it in her store here.
Font of choice. I am using Eutemia I Italic.
Open a new blank image, 600 x 250.
Hide your foreground color in your color palette. Select your rectangle tool. Set the Horizontal & Vertical Radius on your rectangle tool menu to 15.00. Now click & drag from your upper left corner of your canvas to your lower right corner of your canvas. Your rectangle should be slightly smaller than your canvas size. Convert your rectangle to a raster layer.
On the rectangle layer, select all, float, defloat.
Open Paper (30). Copy & paste as a new layer onto your rectangle layer. Selections, invert & press delete. Deselect. You can delete your rectangle layer now.
Lets add our elements:
(18) – resize by 50%, free rotate to the left 180. Place to the upper left corner of your paper, showing only the leaves, not the stem. Duplicate, flip horizontal & place to the upper right corner.
(76) – resize by 80%. Place to the right side of the top left leaves.
(33) – resize by 75%. Place to your liking.
(2) – resize by 40%, rotate right. Place to the bottom right, with about half below the canvas. Duplicate, flip horizontal & place to the bottom left.
(45) – resize by 30%. Place to the bottom with the bottom of the leaves at the center point. Duplicate, flip horizontal & place to the right of the original.
(67) – resize by 35%. Place to the bottom, just under the left light colored leaf. Duplicate & place just under the right light colored leaf.
(59) – resize by 35%. Place to the bottom, between the sparkly flowers.
(39) – resize by 30%, flip horizontal. Place to the bottom right.
(29) – resize by 25%. Place to the bottom left.
(35) – resize by 35%. Place to the bottom of the lantern.
Open your tube, resizing so it is slightly larger than the main tube will be. Paste as a new layer just above the paper layer. Duplicate 3 times & arrange over your paper layer. When satisfied, merge your tubes together. Duplicate the merged layer. Adjust, gaussian blur, 3.00. Set the blend mode to Hard Light, 24. On the original merged layer, lower the opacity to 30.
Paste your tube again, just above the lights layer. Resize slightly. Place slightly to the right of the center.
Apply a drop shadow of choice to your layers.
Hide your paper layer for now. Merge visible. Unhide your paper layer. On your paper layer, select all, float, defloat. On your Merged layer, selections, invert & press delete. Deselect, then merge visible.
Select all, float, defloat again. Selections, modify, select selection borders, inside & anti-alias checked, border width, 5.
Open Paper (13). Copy & paste as a new layer, selections, invert & press delete. Deselect.
Add your name, copyright, & license info. Merge visible & save as a PNG.
For your avatar:
Open a new blank image. I chose 180 x 180 for the size. Repeat the steps used to create the rectangle that were used for the signature.
Copy your merged image from your signature, then paste onto your avatar canvas as a new layer. Place to your liking. On the rectangle layer, select all, float, defloat. On the merged layer, selections, invert & press delete. Deselect & delete the rectangle layer.
On your merged layer, repeat the selection borders. Paste Paper (13) as a new layer, selections, invert & press delete. Deselect. Add your name or initial, then add your copyright & license info. Merge visible & save as a PNG.
Thanks for checking out my tutorials.